Welcome, sweet reader! Thank you so much for taking the time visit my blog! Dots & Dust was officially born in August of 2015, but the love and hope for this blog originated far before that.
I began my blogging journey in 2011 and discovered my love for writing that had long been buried since I was a child. But after making a decision to start my home business 8 months later, I felt it would be better to push blogging aside for a while. Boy, was I wrong! So after 4 years of being absent, I have returned to the world of blogging. And this time, I intend to stay!
Just like any dedicated mommy, life can sometimes get very busy. But as the years fly by, I find it extremely important to always find time to stay true to myself. These days, I have completely fallen “head over heels” in love with bible journaling, BUT you can still find me having fun with my other passions in life — discovering sweet treats all over town, crafting for both my home and my children, and volunteering my time in the community. When I decided to come back to blogging full time, I did everything I could to do it the right way. But I quickly discovered that all of the blogging “do’s” and “don’ts” just became extremely overwhelming. Blogging became more of a stressor than a delight. Even though people were telling me that to be successful I needed to stick with one topic, I kept thinking, ‘I am so much more than one thing.’ It was then that I promised myself I would do it MY WAY. I would stop worrying about if I had the right amount of followers and just BE ME. And hopefully, what I share will resonate with others who feel exactly the same way.
And with that, what you see here on Dots & Dust was born.
Under Pray Hard, you will find posts that are centered around my love and passion for bible journaling! I discovered this wonderful form of creative worship in February of 2016 and it has totally changed my relationship with the Lord. Throughout my life I have grown a deep love for God but struggled to connect with Him. By creating artwork in the margins of my bible, I find that it is much easier for me to meditate on a couple of verses at a time. Now, studying God’s word is less intimidating and my relationship with the Lord has grown immensely.
My prayer for this section of the blog is to reach and inspire others who would like to do the same! So if that is you, grab your bible and some colored pencils and let’s get started!
If there is one thing that gets me excited, it is breaking out my hot glue gun or my paint brushes!
Create Often is all about cultivating a creative spirit. It is a judgement free zone (be prepared for some major Pinterest Fails) where I share my craft, design, and art projects with you. And since I have three kiddos and a tight budget, you will be delighted to see a variety of projects for every age and stage of life. From school projects to DIY décor for your home, get ready to break out your sketchbook and start creating!
And last, but definitely not least, is Love Always. In the bible it states, “As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.” I am a firm believer that love really does make the world go round and that our sole goal is to live a life of love and create relationships that create a legacy.
This section of the blog is devoted to two things:
Loving Life and Loving Others.
You’ll find posts devoted to my love for my family, my friends, and my community. But on a lighter note, you’ll also find posts devoted to my love for sweet treats, coffee, art supplies, and those cute goodies you find at the Target Dollar Spot! In a nutshell, Love Always is all about making the most of my life and everyone who is in it.
I hope with all of my heart that this blog inspires every “stay-at-home” mommy out there to explore every single creative side of herself. You can be a mommy, wife, sister, friend, business woman, and neighbor without sacrificing the little things on the inside that make you, well, you!
Be bold, modern, chic, cool, and hip without fear! Do what you love with heart and passion.
So join me as we collectively take on this journey…
…as we pray hard…create often…and love always!
Annnnnd if you just cannot get enough and want more,
here are 20 fun facts about me 🙂
2) Soooo…Any state that has a restaurant with sweet tea on their menu is considered HOME
3) Military Brat for 21 years and Military Spouse for 8 years. I absolutely have so much love for those who serve and protect this country.
4) I get teary-eyed EVERY SINGLE time I hear “God Bless the U.S.A” by Lee Greenwood. I mean, it’s an ugly cry, y’all.?
5) I have had mad love for Jesus all my life, but have only started really cultivating a personal relationship with him about two years ago. BEST DECISION EVER!
6) Before we got married, my wonderful husband had to pull up next to me at a stop light and demand I give him my REAL phone number. The rest is history….Persistent little bugger. ?
7) I have been blessed with three beautiful children that are all 7 years apart and none of them look like me. ?
8) I secretly wish someone would have told me how to get a degree that either allowed me to eat chocolate for a living or name nail polishes.
9) I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry….that as you can see I never used! LOL
10) I ? bible journaling, baking, crafting, and art!
11) I feel more comfortable giving hugs than I do shaking someone’s hand.
12) If I find something mint or gold while I am shopping, I must have it!
13) The manager at my local Michaels Store knows who I am. And I am pretty sure people know I am obsessed with the Dollar Spot in Target too.
14) I love Sailor Moon and Anime!
15) My favorite gifts are Starbucks gift cards and colorful pens!
16) I am obsessed with sweet treats and coffee.
17) Binge watching on Netflix is LIFE.
18) My all-time favorite show is Parks and Recreation.
19) My all-time favorite movies are Sleepless in Seattle, While You Were Sleeping, The Boondock Saints, and 300.
20) I totally wish that the Harry Potter world was real. Accio Coffee!